Sunday, February 9, 2014

2010 Adult classes

2009-2010 I also held adult classes, both ones I organized myself, and through the continuing education department at University of Hawaii Maui College.  The subjects ranged from color theory and painting outside, to beginning drawing.
 
 Adults need art too.  So many who will advocate the arts for their child have "not had the time" to pick up a paintbrush in years.  Or perhaps, there was a bad experience with an art teacher buried in the past.  
 These students smiling as they worked was the best result.  


This was the first community class I organized myself, in early 2009.  I was surprised, and a bit unnerved when several master instructors and experienced artists said they were coming!  We had a full range of people, ages, and abilities, and it turned into a great time.